Heyat Omana Arzi or HOA (Board of Trustees for Patients Treatments with currency saving) is a Non-Governmental Organization which plays a key role as the biggest economic sector for the Iran’s Ministry of Health & Medical Education (MOHME). in the direction of providing medical asset and disposable equipment. HOA has its own specific budget.
HOA pursues the following goals:
- Providing prerequisites to treat patients domestically and eliminating the need of sending patients abroad.
- Reducing scientific and technical dependency in the field of patients' treatment.
- Currencies saving in patients’ medical treatment.
For achieving these goals, HOA operating plans are as below:
- Sumptuary and equipment support for various types of transplant (heart, lung, liver, kidney, and bone marrow).
- Sumptuary and equipment support for cochlear implants in deaf patients.
- Providing ICDs, pacemakers, heart valves, oxygenators and other vital disposable medical equipment for patients.
- Providing asset medical equipment for public hospitals and medical centers by legal forms of purchase (such as tenders)